Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glimpses {Week 2}

I started my photography business last year, not too long before I had baby #2. And I had heard stories from people about how they have so many more pictures of their first child than their second, but I promised I would never do that. Guess what? He's only 8 months old now, and I'm already doing it! Obviously not because I love my son any less than my daughter, but life is just a lot busier now than it was when she was his age. And I find that now that I've officially started my business, I'm reluctant to share pictures unless they are something I would put in a client gallery. But that's all wrong. And I'm ready to fix it!

That's why I've decided to participate in a great little project on the Chic Critique Forum called "Glimpses" that encourages photographers to take a little break from documenting other peoples' lives and remember to document their own. So each week, I'll share a glimpse into my life with you here on my blog. And I love that they call it "Glimpses" - because it will be exactly that. Not a technically perfect portrait.


Although it's my first week because I'm a little late to the party (anyone who knows me personally won't be surprised by that!), it's actually week 2 for the project. So here is my image for week 2:




My little man got his very first haircut this past weekend at Pigtails and Crewcuts. I have to admit that I was kind of sad to see his wispy little curls go, but I love his nice clean cut. And although he was a little wiggly, he was very well-behaved. No tears at all. HUGE difference from Anna's first haircut -which she got from my lap because she freaked out about sitting in the chair. lol.





Hopefully, I can keep this up. I know I'll love looking back at it at the end of the year! Wish me luck (I'll need it!)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh.my. gosh. Your little guy is sooo stinking cute!!! I lOVE his expression at the lady cutting his hair..and his cheeks!! Oh my. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol the expression on his face is priceless... it looks like he is thinking... WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THTAAAT!??!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love this Image! SUPER cute! I have to ask Your website is really nice and I am looking into an actual site in addition to my blog do you mind me asking were you did your site through?

    Also I can relate to always being behind on projects! I have NEVER finished a Photography project Ever I am hoping to finish this one! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Sweet Everythings Photography is owned by Houston-based photographer Jennifer Fernandez and specializes in newborn and childrens photography.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP